Make a Splash: Your Volunteer Contribution Counts at Nathan Benderson Park
The Nathan Benderson Park Conservancy Volunteer Program is committed to encouraging community participation and the efficient coordination of volunteers to enhance community programs and sporting events at Nathan Benderson Park.
The Conservancy will actively promote a mutually rewarding relationship between volunteers who offer their talents, time and skills and the park staff along with event organizers .
The Conservancy Volunteer Program provides a range of opportunities to support community programs and sporting events, as well as a way for residents to participate in making measurable differences at the local level.
Once you have filled out the application, please return to our office at 5851 Nathan Benderson Circle, Sarasota, FL 34235 or scan and email to Jason Greenspan at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Safety Squadron is a volunteer opportunity and social organization designed to:
- Provide a source of highly trained safety-boat drivers to support park events and programming
- Create social opportunities for squadron members
Squadron members must be:
- At least 18 years of age
- Take part in all required safety trainings
- Must possess a boater’s license regardless of age. Click here is you need to take a boater’s course.
- Must be able to commit to providing a minimum of 20 volunteer hours per year
- Must display good judgement, attention to safety and exemplify the leadership skills required to represent this elite group of volunteers
The Safety Squadron is an elite group of highly trained volunteers that will support events as safety-boat drivers and programs as needed. Squadron members will be provided a squadron uniform, a sun hat and other gear that will easily identify squadron members while in service at the park.