We count on the unwavering support of our volunteers to help make our events happen! Join us and get up close to the action!
VOLUNTEER PROGRAM MISSION
The Nathan Benderson Park Conservancy Volunteer Program is committed to encouraging community participation and the efficient coordination of volunteers to enhance community programs and sporting events at Nathan Benderson Park.
The Conservancy will actively promote a mutually rewarding relationship between volunteers who offer their talents, time and skills and the park staff along with event organizers who will support them in their efforts at Nathan Benderson Park.
The Conservancy Volunteer Program provides a range of opportunities to support community programs and sporting events at Nathan Benderson Park as well as a way for residents to participate in making measurable differences at the local level.
Once you have filled out the application, please return to our office at 5851 Nathan Benderson Circle, Sarasota, FL 34235 or scan and email to Sarah Kupiec at Skupiec@nathanbendersonpark.org
We’re looking for volunteers as we welcome athletes to our sunny shores for competition.
Florida Intercollegiate Rowing Association (FIRA): March 31-April 1, 2023
B1G TEN Invitational: April 7-9
The Safety Squadron is a boater safety program and social organization designed to:
- Provide a source of highly trained safety-boat drivers to support park events and programming
- Enhance adult boater safety year-round, in partnership with the Spirit Of America Foundation
- Create social opportunities for squadron members
Squadron members must be:
- At least 21 years of age
- Pass all safety training with a minimum score of 85%
- Must possess a boater’s license regardless of age
- Must be able to commit to providing a minimum of 30 volunteer hours per year
- Must display good judgement, attention to safety and exemplify the leadership skills required to represent this elite group of volunteers
The Safety Squadron is an elite group of highly trained volunteers that will support events as safety-boat drivers and programs as instructors. Squadron personnel will be required to train as Spirit of America instructors, pass all other boater’s safety courses and possess a boater’s license in order to participate. Squadron members will be provided a squadron uniform, an inflatable PFD, a sun hat and other gear that will easily identify squadron members while in service at the park.