TEAM TRAINING AT NBP —
WHERE WINNERS GO THE DISTANCE
We know you have options when you select a team training site. Winners go the extra mile, and there's no place like NBP and its offsite training facilities, where champions are made!
NBP is the home of numerous championship events and international regattas.
• World Rowing Championships, 2017
• World Rowing Masters Regatta, 2018
• World Rowing Under 23 Championships, 2019
• USRowing Youth National Championships, 2019-21
• USRowing Southeast Regional Championships, 2020, 2022, 2024
• NCAA Rowing Championships, 2018, 2020, 2021
• Florida Scholastic Rowing Assn. State Championships, 2019-21
• Florida Intercollegiate Rowing Assn. Championships, 2019-20
Visit our How to Book a Training Trip page to chart your course to NBP — and take your team the distance for a winning season!
Nathan Benderson Park and the Competition Course
Training at Nathan Benderson Park (pictured above) means training at a world-class facility! In our controlled, Olympic-level environment, rowers and coaches focus on what really matters.
• 10-lane, 2,000 meter, protected competition course with starting docks, adaptable to 500m, 1000m and 1500m distances (above right)
• Protected practice area with adaptable number of lanes as long as 1500 meters, adjacent to the 2000m course (above left)
• Return channel around Regatta Island (above, lower left)
• State-of-the-art Benderson Family Finish Tower
• Floating wave attenuator to ensure calm water
• Coaches lane spans entire length of course
• Stillwater launches are available
• Walking distance to hotels, restaurants and retail (mall and shopping centers) in a "destination" environment
• A short drive away from the heart of Tampa Bay and minutes away from the whitest-sand beaches in the world!
This Manatee County site (above) is a favorite for longer distances and river scenery.
• More than 24 km of rowable, protected water
• 8,000-sq. ft. boathouse, fully enclosed and secured
• New aluminum gangway with low-profile docks
• 13 miles NNE of NBP, along the Manatee River
Osprey training facilities — Blackburn Point and Bay Preserve
Enjoy intercoastal rowing on beautiful Sarasota Bay!
• Long-distance training with minimal boat traffic
• Secured outdoor storage
• Both locations have new, low-profile docks
• 15 miles SSW of NBP
• NO SNOW!
• Average high temperatures of 79 in November (3 days with rain), 74 in December (3 days with rain), 71 in January (5 days with rain), 73 in February (3 days with rain), 77 in March (4 days with rain)
• Visit Sarasota County incentives available (contact us for more information!)
• We are conveniently served by three international airports — Sarasota-Bradenton, Tampa and St. Petersburg-Clearwater.
• Our restaurant partners accommodate groups, provide catering and offer special discounts.
How to Book a Training TripWe would love to host your group or team at one of our world-class facilities! Simply complete our Team Training Request Form below to get started. If you have any questions along the way, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please fill out a request form for EVERY squad that will be attending your training visit.
Prior to completing the Team Training Request Form, please be sure to read and print our Terms & Conditions for Visiting Teams.
By completing the Team Training Request Form, you are confirming that you have read and agree to the Terms & Conditions for Visiting Teams linked above.
**DISCLAIMER: There is no guarantee on training sites and times chosen until you receive a final contract from our office.