The On-Call Event Technician I for the Nathan Benderson Park Conservancy Inc. in Sarasota, Fla., will support the Event Department in providing excellent event services for an array of events ranging from corporate meetings to international / world-championship sporting competitions. This position is the backbone of event logistics and operations, assuring the venue is in pristine condition prior to, during and after the event. The On-Call Event Technician I will report to the Director of Events and will work as part of a team dedicated to driving the success of Nathan Benderson Park and the Conservancy.
Nathan Benderson Park is a 600-acre Sarasota County park, operated and managed by the Conservancy, a private 501(c)3 non-profit organization that was created for this purpose. Since 2014, the park has been host numerous international, national, regional and local events, averaging over 100 events per year. Nathan Benderson Park was built as a multi-sport event center with a focus on water sports, and has established itself as the No. 1 rowing and paddling competition venue in North America and one of the top three in the world. Nathan Benderson Park’s four priorities are to:
• Establish and maintain a world-class multi-purpose event center that will enable a return on investment to benefit taxpayers and the state of Florida
• Be an Olympic-level training center for regional, national and international athletes
• Promote a better quality of life through health and wellness by providing opportunities to walk, run, bike, row, fish and more
• Provide an entry point into aquatic and sports program through community outreach
Nathan Benderson Park is looking for hardworking candidates, who take pride in their work, have a can-do attitude, and enjoy events and being outdoors in the Sarasota-Bradenton area who have the following skills and experience:
• Available to work an adjustable schedule dependent on the scheduled events. A shift may vary from four (4) to twelve (12) hours, including weekends and holidays. In addition, the position may be requested to work with less than two (2) weeks notice.
• Be dependable and show up on time to accepted shifts.
• Be able to lift at least 50 pounds without assistance.
• Be able to work in a non-climate controlled outdoor environment.
• Minimum Age is 18
• Provide of a valid Florida Driver’s License
• Must complete and pass a background check and drug test
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist the Director of Events to ensure events are properly setup, executed and broken down.
• Be familiar with or receive training on the operational requirements of various sporting events.
• Clean, stage and set up equipment including; tables, chairs, coolers, boat racks, trash cans, fencing, restroom supplies, picnic tables, sandbags and signage.
• Responsibilities during and following events include but are not limited to; trash removal, restroom stocking, restroom spot cleaning and conducting inventory while cleaning and storing event equipment.
• Assist in the repair or replacement of some event equipment.
• Receive training and adhere to required safety protocol.
• Assist with maintaining a safe and presentable venue.
• Possess good time management skills and take direction well.
• Work well under pressure and readily adapt to change.
• Communicate effectively with others.
• Adhere to a proper dress code when reporting for your scheduled shift. Closed toe shoes are required. Visible undergarments, torn, frayed, dirty or stained clothing are not permitted.
• Maintain a courteous demeanor with park guests.
• Become familiar with the history, mission and future of Nathan Benderson Park and be able to communicate this information effectively to park guests.
• Other duties as assigned.
• This is an on-call, part-time, non-exempt position with an hourly starting salary range of $14-$16.
NBPC seeks to hire personnel who reflect the diversity of the communities they serve. All positions at NBPC are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.