The Maintenance Technician for the Nathan Benderson Park Conservancy, Inc. in Sarasota, Florida is frontline support for the Facility Operations department, ensuring facilities and grounds are well-maintained, safe and clean. The Maintenance Tech will report to the Vice President – Operations and will work as part of a team dedicated to driving the success of Nathan Benderson Park and the Conservancy by providing a safe and pristine environment for park users.
Nathan Benderson Park is a 600-acre Sarasota County park, operated and managed by the Conservancy, a private 501(c)3 non-profit organization that was created for this purpose. Since 2014, the park has hosted numerous international, national, regional and local events, averaging more than 100 events per year. Nathan Benderson Park was built as a multi-sport event center with a focus on water sports, and has established itself as the No. 1 rowing and paddling competition venue in North America and one of the top three in the world. Nathan Benderson Park’s four priorities are to:
- Establish and maintain a world-class multi-purpose event center that will enable a return on investment to benefit taxpayers and the state of Florida
- Be an Olympic-level training center for regional, national and international athletes
- Promote a better quality of life through health and wellness by providing opportunities to walk, run, bike, row, fish and more
- Provide an entry point into aquatic and sports program through community outreach
Nathan Benderson Park is looking for an enthusiastic advocate for sports, fitness and entertainment in Sarasota-Bradenton who has the following skills and experience:
- Minimum of 3 years facilities, maintenance, construction or comparable experience.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age and have a valid drivers license.
- Must be able to work outdoors, lift a minimum of 50 lbs. and be comfortable around water.
- Experience working in a water related environment working with boats and docks a plus, but not required.
- Ability to work some weekends.
- Take pride and ownership in their work, seeking to improve the user experience by proactively performing maintenance duties.
- Must be able to use a computer, tablet and smartphone.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug test.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides maintenance services for the entire park, which includes but are not limited to, restrooms, picnic areas, meeting facilities, grassland and wetland areas, playgrounds, shelters, nature trails, gates, bike trails and wildlife habitat areas.
- Repairs and maintains park areas and buildings, performs minor repair and maintenance work.
- Cleans, picks up and removes debris throughout the park, buildings, restrooms and facilities.
- Assists with preparations needed of such facilities for athletic use, special events, recreation programming or other uses as necessary.
- Follows instructions regarding materials, equipment and training to assure a safe work environment for self and others.
- Performs basic tasks regarding irrigation and landscape maintenance.
- Inspects the facilities and grounds daily and maintains free of hazards.
- Interacts with the public with a professional demeanor and customer service outlook.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This is a full-time position with an hourly starting salary range of $15 – $20.
- NBPC offers an outstanding benefits package including medical, dental, vision, retirement, paid Holidays, paid time-off and sick leave.
NBPC seeks to hire personnel who reflect the diversity of the communities they serve. All positions at NBPC are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.