The Maintenance Clerk for the Nathan Benderson Park Conservancy Inc. in Sarasota, Florida, supports the Operations team by providing vital logistics and inventory management services. The Maintenance Clerk will report to the Vice President – Operations and will work as part of a team dedicated to driving the success of Nathan Benderson Park and the Conservancy by providing a safe and pristine environment for park users.
Nathan Benderson Park is a 600-acre Sarasota County park, operated and managed by the Conservancy, a private 501(c)3 non-profit organization that was created for this purpose. Since 2014, the park has hosted numerous international, national, regional and local events, averaging more than 100 events per year. Nathan Benderson Park was built as a multi-sport event center with a focus on water sports, and has established itself as the No. 1 rowing and paddling competition venue in North America and one of the top three in the world. Nathan Benderson Park’s four priorities are to:
- Establish and maintain a world-class multi-purpose event center that will enable a return on investment to benefit taxpayers and the state of Florida
- Be an Olympic-level training center for regional, national and international athletes
- Promote a better quality of life through health and wellness by providing opportunities to walk, run, bike, row, fish and more
- Provide an entry point into aquatic and sports program through community outreach
Nathan Benderson Park is looking for an enthusiastic advocate for sports, fitness and entertainment in Sarasota-Bradenton who has the following skills and experience:
- Experience in warehouse management, managing materials and inventory preferred.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age and have a valid drivers license.
- Must be able to work outdoors, lift a minimum of 50 lbs. and have outstanding organizational skills.
- Must be able to utilize a computer, tablet and smartphone.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug test.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains inventory of all materials and supplies.
- Develops, implements and enforces inventory and supply tracking process to ensure protection of assets.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
- Performs maintenance and minor repair to equipment.
- Assists with scheduling outside contractors to perform work, organizes PO’s and invoices.
- Follows instructions regarding materials, equipment and training to assure a safe work environment for self and others.
- Inspects the facilities and grounds daily and maintains free of hazards.
- Interacts with the public with a professional demeanor and customer service outlook.
- Other duties as assigned.
This is a part-time position (20 hours a week) with an hourly starting salary range of $15 – $20.
NBPC seeks to hire personnel who reflect the diversity of the communities they serve. All positions at NBPC are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.