Nathan Benderson Park Conservancy Inc. (SANCA)
POSITION TITLE: Facilities Assistant — Weekend
REPORTS TO: Director of Facility Operations
COMPENSATION: $15.00 / Hour
CATEGORY: Part-time – Non-exempt
The weekend Facility Assistant for Suncoast Aquatic Nature Center Associates (SANCA) at Nathan Benderson Park in Sarasota, Fla., will serve as an integral part of the maintenance and facility operations team. This position is responsible for attending to the 600-acre park on the weekends, performing general routine, planned, scheduled and un-scheduled maintenance, responding to weekend requests by the general public, overseeing weekend contractors, providing a security presence at the park and performing general operations duties. The facilities assistant will report to the Director of Facility Operations. This is a part-time, hourly position that will be expected to work approximately 30-40 weekends per year, averaging 20 hours per week, with the opportunity for occasional weekday hours.
SANCA seeks an individual with an outstanding work ethic, who takes pride in their work and has the knowledge and attention to detail needed to properly maintain the park grounds, amenities, buildings and equipment to the highest standard to provide a superb guest experience and make the park a shining gem for the community. The candidate must have at least three (3) years of experience in maintenance and facility operations. The physical demands and work environment require the ability to lift; move, push and pull equipment and items in excess of 40 lbs.; ability to work outdoors in extreme temperatures for a reasonable period of time; must be able to move around the park which includes grass, shell, paved areas, steps, sand and floating docks; must be comfortable with the outdoors and potential exposure to mosquitoes, flies, bees and other pests, reptile and insects common in the Florida outdoors. In addition, this position must be able to pass a criminal background check, drug test and obtain CPR/First Aid certification in the first 30 days of employment. Minimum education of a high school diploma or GED required. Knowledge of aquatic facilities is a plus, but not required.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides maintenance services for the entire park, which includes but are not limited to, restrooms, picnic areas, meeting facilities, grassland and wetland areas, playgrounds, shelters, nature trails, gates, bike trails and wildlife habitat areas.
- Repairs and maintains park areas and buildings, performs minor repair and maintenance work.
- Cleans, picks up and removes debris throughout the park, buildings, restrooms and facilities.
- Assists with preparations needed of such facilities for athletic use, special events, recreation programming or other uses as necessary.
- Follows instructions regarding materials, equipment and training to assure a safe work environment for self and others.
- Performs basic tasks regarding irrigation and landscape maintenance.
- Inspects the facilities and grounds daily and maintains free of hazards.
- Interacts with the public with a professional demeanor and customer service outlook.
- Other duties as assigned
SANCA will offer an hourly wage of $15 per hour and opportunity for holiday (1.5x) pay when applicable. It is estimated this position will work 20 hours per week, with a minimum of 30-40 weekends required. Opportunity may exist for additional hours throughout the year (weekends and weekdays).
SANCA seeks to hire personnel who reflect the diversity of the communities they serve. All positions at SANCA are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.