The Event Coordinator for Nathan Benderson Park Conservancy (NBPC) at Nathan Benderson Park in Sarasota, Florida will support the Director of Events and serve as an integral part of the Event Department. This position will be on the front lines of all events at the park, interacting with the public and a wide variety of event organizers from local festivals and charity runs to major international competitions. The primary role of this position is to work with the Director of Events to plan, execute and decommission all events at the park as well as providing superb customer service and experiences for our guests and volunteers. The Candidate should be detail orientated, self-sufficient and able to problem solve.
Nathan Benderson Park is a 600-acre Sarasota County park, operated and managed by the Conservancy, a private 501(c)3 non-profit organization that was created for this purpose. Since 2014, the park has hosted numerous international, national, regional and local events, averaging over 100 events per year. Nathan Benderson Park was built as a multi-sport event center with a focus on water sports, and has established itself as the #1 Rowing and Paddling competition venue in North America and one of the top three in the world. Nathan Benderson Park’s four priorities are to:
- Establish and maintain a world-class multi-purpose event center that will enable a return on investment to benefit taxpayers and the state of Florida
- Be an Olympic-level training center for regional, national and international athletes
- Promote a better quality of life through health and wellness by providing opportunities to walk, run, bike, row, fish and more
- Provide an entry point into aquatic and sports program through community outreach
Nathan Benderson Park seeks an event professional with great work ethic and a passion for their role in planning and organizing events in Sarasota-Bradenton who has the following skills and experience:
- Must have at least two (2) years of experience in event management, facility management, sport tourism or related field.
- Must have a minimum education of an undergraduate degree in sport & event management, recreation and leisure services, venue management, hospitality & tourism or related field.
- Must be able to lift, move, push and pull equipment and items in excess of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to move around the park on foot which includes grass, shell, paved areas, steps, sand and floating docks.
- Must be comfortable with working in the outdoor Florida environment in extreme conditions which may be present.
- Must be available to work most weekends and evenings, especially during event season (which is typically October through June).
- Knowledge of aquatic sports, especially rowing would be a strong plus.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as an ambassador for the park and customer service representative for all event owners and space rental clientele.
- Process and organize rental agreements and provide pricing for event amenities.
- Execute event agreements through setup, execution and decommissioning.
- Develop event layouts and work with the facility operations department to ensure all event holder needs are fulfilled.
- Manage event related databases to include volunteers, event holders, catering companies and vendors.
- Assist with the solicitation and management of vendors including contracts, determination and collection of fees, assignment and placement.
- Organize and maintain a database of event-related supplies and equipment.
- Schedule and manage event technicians and volunteers throughout the setup, execution and decommissioning of events.
- Assist the facility operations department with maintaining a safe and presentable venue at all times.
- Coordinate and contract with service providers to ensure all event needs are fulfilled.
- Plan and execute events of various levels including community events, regional events, national events, international events, conferences, meetings, weddings and parties.
- Produce post event reports including after-action reports, and ancillary items for billing.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This is a full-time, non-exempt position with a starting range of $20-23/hour.
- NBPC offers an outstanding benefits package including medical, dental, vision, retirement, paid Holidays, paid time-off and sick leave.
NBPC seeks to hire personnel who reflect the diversity of the communities they serve. All positions at NBPC are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.