Programs & Aquatic Manager
POSITION SUMMARYThe Programs & Aquatic Manager for Suncoast Aquatic Nature Center Associates (SANCA) at Nathan Benderson Park in Sarasota, Fla.. will serve as an integral part of the operations team. This position is responsible for the development, implementation and management of all programs at Nathan Benderson Park including introductory and instructional classes, recreational programs, competitive programs, camps, membership and rentals, both on the land and water. This individual will also be responsible for supporting operations, events and training as the manager of aquatic facility assets. The Programs & Aquatic Manager is the heart of the park, with an opportunity to express creativity and develop programs that make a difference in our community at the No. 1 Rowing facility in North America.
SANCA seeks program manager professional with a heart for service, gift for multi-tasking, excellent organizational and coaching skills and extensive knowledge of rowing, paddling and/or sailing sports and facilities. The candidate must have at least five (5) years of experience in program development and management, rowing/paddling/sailing coaching or related experience. In addition, the candidate must have a minimum education of an undergraduate degree in sport management or leadership, recreation and leisure services, physical education, sports medicine, exercise and sports science, physiology, kinesiology, nutrition and fitness or related field. The physical demands and work environment require the ability to lift; move, push and pull equipment and items in excess of 20 pounds; ability to work outdoors in extreme temperatures for a reasonable period of time; must be able to move around the park which includes grass, shell, paved areas, steps, sand and floating docks; must be comfortable with the outdoors and potential exposure to mosquitoes, flies, bees and other pests, reptile and insects common in the Florida outdoors. In addition, this position must have or be able to obtain in the first 30 days of employment a Florida’s boaters license, lifeguard certification, open water lifeguard certification and CPR/first aid certification. Preference will be made to Level 2 USRowing Coaching Certification, Level 1 ACA Coaching Certification, US Sailing Level 1 Instructor, Level 1 US Powerboat Instructor, USDBF Coaches Certificate and Level 1 USA Archery Certification. Knowledge of program management software systems such as Mind Body is a plus. As many programs are on the weekends and evenings, this position must be available to work a flexible schedule. The successful candidate will exhibit a mature outlook and well-developed sense of humor.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for the development, implementation and ongoing evaluation of the effectiveness of innovative programming, to serve the community and support the strategic objectives of NBP, which includes and is not limited to needs assessment, program development, budgeting, staffing, equipping and analysis.
• Responsible for aquatic facility logistics and operations; and work closely with the Maintenance Department to ensure proper upkeep of water-related assets.
• Responsible for writing and implementing safety policies and procedures for all programs and water operations.
• Work with the Marketing Department to identify opportunities for promotion of programming in the community.
• Work with the Development Department to identify funding/grant opportunities to support programming goals.
• Recruit, supervise, evaluate, and develop/implement training standards for all instructors and coaches.
• Develop/implement appropriate CPR and first aid training standards for all non-programming staff.
• Protect and maintain inventory of program and water related equipment.
• Support the Event Department in managing water-related needs for aquatic events such as managing launch boat drivers, setting buoys and lane lines, moving docks and supporting team training needs.
• Work with the Event Department to properly schedule the facility for all programming to minimize scheduling conflicts with events and training.
• Manage third party vendor agreements for program services.
• Other duties as assigned
SANCA will offer a competitive salary range of $40,000 - $60,000 commensurate upon experience. Excellent benefit package available that includes medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) retirement plan. The position also includes vacation, sick leave, and paid holidays.
SANCA seeks to hire personnel who reflect the diversity of the communities they serve. All positions at SANCA are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.
Written applications, including cover letter and resume via email only, please.
Inquiries, nominations, and applications may be directed in confidence to:
Executive Assistant to the CEO
5851 Nathan Benderson Circle
Sarasota, FL 34235
All employees must pass a drug test and criminal background check prior to hiring. SANCA is an equal opportunity employer.