POSITION SUMMARYThe Event Coordinator for Suncoast Aquatic Nature Center Associates (SANCA) at Nathan Benderson Park in Sarasota, Florida, will support the Director of Events and serve as an integral part of the Event Department. This position will be on the front lines of all events at the park, interacting with the public and a wide variety of event organizers from local festivals and charity runs to major international competitions. The primary role of this position is to work with the Director of Events to maintain the facility calendar, manage all indoor and outdoor bookings, help produce, support and service events at the Park and to provide superb customer service and experiences for our guests and volunteers.
SANCA seeks an event professional with strong organizational skills, attention to detail, great work ethic and a passion for planning and organizing events. The candidate must have at least two (2) years of experience in event management, facility management, sport tourism or related field. A knowledge of rowing would be a strong plus. In addition, the candidate must have a minimum education of an undergraduate degree in sport & event management, recreation and leisure services, venue management, hospitality & tourism or related field. The physical demands and work environment require the ability to lift; move, push and pull equipment and items in excess of 30 lbs.; ability to work outdoors in extreme temperatures for a reasonable period of time; must be able to move around the park which includes grass, shell, paved areas, steps, sand and floating docks; must be comfortable with the outdoors and potential exposure to mosquitoes, flies, bees and other pests, reptile and insects common in the Florida outdoors. As many events are on the weekends and evenings, this position must be available to work most event weekends and evenings, especially during season.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage event booking requests to include indoor and outdoor events, functions, programming and team training.
• Assist with the solicitation and recruitment of new events, functions and team trainings to maximize venue bookings throughout the year.
• Serve as an ambassador for the park and customer service representative for all event owners, training teams and space rental clientele.
• Process and organize rental agreements and provide pricing for space rental and services.
• Produce and execute event and team training agreements.
• Develop site plans and work with the facility operations department to insure all event and team training needs are fulfilled.
• Manage event related databases to include volunteers, event holders and vendors.
• Assist with the solicitation and management of vendors including contracts, determination and collection of fees, assignment and placement.
• Organize and maintain event-related supplies and equipment.
• Schedule and manage event on-call personnel and volunteers.
• Assist the facility operations department with maintaining a safe and presentable venue.
• Coordinate and contract with service providers to insure all event needs are fulfilled.
• Plan and execute events of various levels including community events, regional events, national events, international events, conferences and meetings.
• Produce post event reports including after-action reports, financial P&L statements, event reconciliation, attendance and economic impact reporting.
SANCA will offer an hourly wage of $17–$20 per hour based on experience and the opportunity to gain overtime estimated from 50–150 hours per year. Excellent benefit package available that includes medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) retirement plan. The position also includes vacation, sick leave, and paid holidays.
SANCA seeks to hire personnel who reflect the diversity of the communities they serve. All positions at SANCA are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.
Written applications, including cover letter and resume via email only, please.
Inquiries, nominations, and applications may be directed in confidence to:
Executive Assistant to the CEO
5851 Nathan Benderson Circle
Sarasota, FL 34235
All employees must pass a drug test and criminal background check prior to hiring. SANCA is an equal opportunity employer.