POSITION TITLE: Camp Counselor
REPORTS TO: Program Manager
COMPENSATION: $14.00 / Hour
CATEGORY: Part-time Seasonal – Non-exempt
DESCRIPTION: Camp counselors handle the daily operations for the youth camp programs at Nathan Benderson Park. Their primary area of responsibility is to teach water and boating safety to campers ages 6-14, in a safe and engaging environment. Must be available to work June 1–Aug. 7.
· Ensure the safety of all campers throughout the entirety of the camp day
· Become proficient in stand-up paddleboard, kayaking, canoeing, rowing, fishing, and boaters safety (training provided through NBP)
· Check-in and check-out of campers on a daily basis
· Clean up and maintain equipment and facility
· Supervision of as many as 10 campers in an aquatics-based environment
· Possess or obtain Florida Boater’s License
· Possess or obtain CPR/First Aid certification
· Possess or obtain Lifeguard certification
· Possess or obtain a Safe Sport certification
· Ability to lift and maneuver items weighing as much as 50 pounds
· Strong customer service skills
· Previous experience working with kids
· Positive attitude and professional demeanor
· Punctual and reliable
· Aquatic/boating knowledge
· Valid driver’s license
All employees must pass a drug test and criminal background check prior to hiring.
SANCA is non-profit organization created to manage and promote Nathan Benderson Park, a Sarasota County Park and world class multi-use sports venue. SANCA is an equal opportunity employer.