Event Technician I
POSITION TITLE: Event Technician I
REPORTS TO: Director of Events and Event Services
COMPENSATION: $10-13 hourly, no benefits
PURPOSE: To support the event services department to produce world-class events at Nathan Benderson Park by ensuring the sporting events are properly set up prior to start of event.
· Available to work a sporadic/flexible work schedule dependent on event schedule. A typical shift may be 4 to 6 hours or could be 10 to 12 hours including weekends and holidays and the position may be requested to work with two (2) weeks notice
· Be punctual and dependable to accept shifts offered
· Assists the Director of Events and Event Services to ensure events are properly setup, executed and decommissioned at Nathan Benderson Park, 5851 Nathan Benderson Circle, Sarasota FL
· Familiar with the operational characteristics of the various sporting events and receive training how to set up the areas
· Clean, stage, and set up equipment including; tables, chairs, coolers, boat racks, trash cans, fencing, restroom supplies, picnic tables, sandbags and signage
· Clean-up responsibilities during and following events and activities; trash removal; restroom stocking and restroom spot cleaning; inventory, clean and store event equipment
· Assess the proper availability of supplies needed for the event and report as needed to supervisor if applicable
· Must be able to lift 50 pounds without assistance
· Must be able to work in a non-climate controlled outdoor environment with extreme temperatures
· Assist in the repair or replacement of some sporting goods/event equipment
· Receive training and adhere to recommended safety precautions
· Assist with maintaining a safe and presentable venue
· Possess good time management skills and takes direction well
· Work well under pressure and readily adapts to change
· Interface effectively with other on-call personnel and volunteers
· Maintain courteous, effective, and cooperative working relationships with park visitors
· Adhere to dress code whenever reporting for scheduled shift; a staff shirt will be provided and must be worn during shift, closed toe shoes required. Torn, frayed, dirty, stained clothing is unacceptable as well as pants that show visible undergarments.
Minimum Age is 18
SANCA is non-profit organization created to manage and promote Nathan Benderson Park, a Sarasota County Park and world class multi-use sports venue. SANCA is an equal opportunity employer.