Nathan Benderson Park offers summer camps and related offerings. Camps are a great way for children to learn new skills, enjoy the park and have fun with friends!
We are excited to offer adventures for youth ages 6-14 on and off the water this summer! Learn to have fun on the water safely.
May 30-August 4, 2023*.
*No camp the week of July 17-21 due to a large event at the park.
9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Drop-off: 8:15 a.m.*
Pick-up: 4-5:30 p.m.
* Early drop-off available between 7:30-8:15 a.m. for $75/child/week
- No refunds, be sure to triple check your information and schedule before registering.
- Please check the dates closely each week as some weeks are not full weeks due to happenings at the park or holidays. Fees are adjusted accordingly.
- Registrations will close the Wednesday prior to the camp week.
- Sibiling discounts available. More information below.
- Our camp counselors are lifeguard trained and will be on the water with the youth. We provide personal flotation devices and equipment.
WATER ADVENTURE CAMP
Each day, campers will participate in different water sports — kayaking, canoeing and stand-up paddleboarding! Campers will learn the basics of each discipline and, more important, boating safety. On-land instruction and safety requirements accompany all activities before campers get out on the water, so they obtain the knowledge and safety skills needed. Campers will be issued PFDs for on-water activities.
May 30-June 2, 2023
Full Day: $244
June 12-16, 2023
Full Day: $305
July 10-13, 2023
*Camp shortened by one day due to an on-site event
Full Day: $244
July 31-August 4, 2023
Half-Day Only: $175
At West Lake
ARCHERY & FRESHWATER FISHING CAMP
Archery: Campers will gain experience to become independent, educated, safe archers. All of our camp staff holds at least a Level 1 National Archery Association certification.
Fishing: Learn the essentials of safe fishing! Campers will learn the rod and reel assembly, types of tackle, types of knots, casting, bait, fishing, and boating safety while they’re out on the water.
June 5-9, 2023
Will take place at the West Lake
Half Day Only: $175
July 5-7, 2023
Includes Water Adventures
Full Day: $183
NBP ULTIMATE CAMP
Enjoy stand-up paddleboarding, kayaking, and canoeing, archery and freshwater fishing. Campers will gain experience to become independent, educated in all disciplines. Campers will learn the rod and reel, tackle, knots, casting, bait, and boating safety. All of our camp staffers hold at least a Level 1 National Archery Association certification. On-land instruction and safety requirements accompany all activities before campers get out on the water, so they obtain the knowledge and safety skills needed. Campers will be issued PFDs for on-water activities.
June 19-23, 2023
June 26-30, 2023
Full Day: $309
SPIRIT OF AMERICA FOUNDATION
SAFE BOATER EDUCATION CAMP
July 24-28, 2023
Off-site visits will take place
This camp offers a unique opportunity for potential boaters to get both classroom education AND practical experience. It will teach youths the lifelong skills of safe sailing, paddling and powerboating, with the ability to confidently teach others. The campers will be able to earn their Florida boating license.
The camp is conducted in partnership with Spirit Of America Foundation, which offers a comprehensive program that also instills confidence and positive, lifelong ambitions, and fosters the spirit of teamwork in youths. This camp starts with classroom time that culminates with the state boater license exam, then moves to a water safety class before hitting the waters at NBP for on-the-water education days in sailboats, paddle craft and power craft.
NOTE: There are off-site visits as part of the camp.
how to prepare
- Please make sure your child has a healthy breakfast prior to arrival at NBP.
- Apply sunscreen at home and send some with your child so he/she may reapply during the day.
- Bring sunglasses, a hat and water shoes (or shoes that can get wet)
- Bring a large bottle of water (We will have the ability to refill water bottles)
- Bring snacks and, for full-day campers, bring lunch.
- For designated down time throughout the day, bring a favorite book.
Siblings: Register two children for a week of camp, and recieve 10% off on one week of camp (use code SIB2023)
Limit 1 discount per customer. Discounts apply to both half and full day camps. If your discount code does not apply at check out, we will refund you the appropriate amount. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you encounter any issues with checkout or registration.
Questions? Please contact our Programs Team at 941-358-7275 ext. 5816 or email email@example.com