From Saturday, September 23, 2017 - 08:00am
To Sunday, October 01, 2017 - 05:00pm
Can I ride my bicycle the venue?
You may ride your bicycle to the venue and there is FREE Bicycle parking at three different locations surrounding Nathan Benderson Park (see map – link to map). However, bicycles will NOT be allowed inside the venue.
Official country team coaches, with accreditation, will be permitted to ride bicycles along the coach’s trail and on the island to coach their Olympic athletes.
Can I park along Cattlemen Drive?
No street parking is allowed on either Southbound or Northbound Cattlemen Road. All vehicles will be ticketed and towed by the Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office.
Are golf carts permitted?
Golf carts are not permitted.
Is there handicap parking on-site? And are locations ADA accessible?
Tickets – Disabled guests may purchase reserved grandstand or general admission tickets however grandstand tickets are recommended. Disabled guests will have access to a designated wheelchair seating location which will include one companion seat. (Companion seating will require a reserved grandstand ticket)
Parking – For safety reasons, there will be no parking available on Regatta Island. All guest vehicles will park in the World Rowing north lot adjacent to UTC Mall. A shuttle will also be available from the north lot for those guests that will have difficulty walking to the main entrance.
ROAD CLOSURES, PARK ACCESS, PUBLIC SAFETY, AND LIST OF PROHIBITED ITEMS
Will Cattlemen Road be closed?
Cattlemen Road will remain open during all 9-days of competition.
What are the road closures scheduled in and around Nathan Benderson Park?
For safety and security, beginning Wednesday, September 20 through Sunday October 1, the following will be closed to public vehicle and bicycle traffic:
- Transportation plaza, the main entrance and exit to the park, will be closed to public vehicle and bike traffic.
- The westbank, with exception of the Championship Row/ Suite Area, will re-open 90 minutes after competition ends.
- Athletes Drive at Honore will be closed. Ticket holders on foot or bicycles will be allowed access based on their daily ticket.
- Athletes Drive at Cattlemen will be closed from park open till 90 mins after competition. The parking lot will re-open 90 minutes after competition.
Effective Saturday, September 23 through Sunday, October 1, the following will be closed, with the following public re-opening
- World Championship Drive, the playground and adjacent parking lot will be closed to the public – vehicles, bicycles, all non-ticket holder pedestrian traffic. These will re-open to the public 90 min. after competition.
- South and West foot trail and bike path will be closed, only during competition, and re-opened to the public 90 min. after competition.
Will Nathan Benderson Park reopen to the public once competition is done for the day?
Yes, except for Regatta Island and Nathan Benderson Park’s west side foot/ bicycle trail. Everything else, including the playground and the road will reopen to the public 90 minutes after competition concludes.
- All guests, including children, must consent to a search of their person and anything they are carrying, via metal detector screening, inspection of bags, and security wands.
- Failure to consent to such search will result in denial of entry into the event.
- Guests needing special accommodations should notify staff when arriving at the main entrance.
What items can I bring into the venue? What items can I NOT bring into venue?*
- Diaper bags and backpacks no larger than 15” x 13” x 5”
- Service animals
- Strollers & mobility aids
- Food and beverages required for medical reasons and infant food
- No Weapons (firearms regardless of permit, knives, any other item deemed dangerous)
- No fireworks or explosives of any kind
- No bags, backpacks or briefcases larger than 15” x 13” x 5”
- No signs, posters or banners (flags of participating countries are permitted without flagpoles)
- No lasers of any kind
- No outside food, beverages or coolers (except for medical or infant needs)
- No animals (service animals are permitted)
- No lawn chairs or folding chairs
- No bicycles are allowed inside spectator area
- No roller skates, scooters, hover boards, Segways or skateboards
- No drones or other remote-controlled electronics
- No selfie sticks or tripods
- No horns of any kind
- No umbrellas
- No illegal drugs and substances
- No balls, toys, Frisbees or sports equipment
- No other items deemed unlawful, dangerous or disruptive by the 2017 WRCH, FISA, or Nathan Benderson Park.
- Guests, including law enforcement personnel not present in an official capacity, are prohibited from bringing weapons into the event. Weapons include, but are not limited to, the following: firearms, explosives, stun guns, handcuffs, brass knuckles, sticks, clubs, batons, martial arts instruments, pepper spray, tear gas, and knives with blades over 2 inches in length.
- Guests found in possession of the above-mentioned items will be asked to remove the item from the event or dispose of it. Guests who refuse to comply will be evicted from the event and may be subject to arrest.