On Call Event Services
POSITION TITLE: On Call Event Services
REPORTS TO: Director of Events and Event Services
COMPENSATION: $10 - $12 per hour – commensurate upon experience
CATEGORY: Part-time – Non-exempt
Suncoast Aquatic Nature Center Associates, Inc. (SANCA) is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit contracted by Sarasota County to manage the operations of the world-class Nathan Benderson Park in Sarasota, Florida. SANCA is currently seeking enthusiastic and motivated candidates with excellent customer service skills for the on-call event services positions. The purpose of the position is to perform special event tasks & special projects within the parks operations; and is also responsible for making the event experience optimal for participants and guests of the park.
• Assist in various guest services and operational areas related to event and facility operations for Nathan Benderson Park
• Directly interact with event owners, clients, teams, coaches and guests
• Participate in all set-up and breakdown activities for events
• Roles vary but could include: Set-up crew; Breakdown crew; Facility operations; Event services; Customer service; Administrative assistance; Facility attendant; Parking attendant; Event vendor relations; Equipment maintenance and inventory; Trash removal; Restroom clean-up
• Assist the Director of Events and Event Services and other staff with events and facility operations and other responsibilities as required.
• Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
Must be 18 years of age or older
High School diploma, GED or equivalent work experience
Must possess a valid Florida Driver’s License
Must possess strong customer service skills
Positive attitude and professional demeanor
Punctual and reliable
Experience or interest in working in events, facilities, recreation or sport management
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Ability to lift, move, push and pull equipment or boxes in excess of 50lbs
Should be able to handle outdoor temperatures for a reasonable period of time
Must be able to move around the park which includes grass, shell, paved areas, steps, sand and floating docks
Must be available to work evenings and weekends.
Requires a background check upon offer
SANCA is non-profit organization created to manage and promote Nathan Benderson Park, a Sarasota County Park and world class multi-use sports venue. SANCA is an equal opportunity employer.