We are currently looking to fill the open positions listed below. To complete an application and submit your resume, please follow this link: Apply Now!
POSITION TITLE: Event Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Director of Events and Event Services
COMPENSATION: $17 - $19 per hour + benefits
CATEGORY: Full-time – Non-exempt (opportunity for overtime 50-100 hours annually)
Suncoast Aquatic Nature Center Associates, Inc. (SANCA) is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit contracted by Sarasota County to manage the operations of the world-class Nathan Benderson Park in Sarasota, Florida. SANCA is currently seeking qualified candidates with strong organizational skills, attention to detail, great work ethic and a passion for planning and organizing events. The purpose of the position is to support the event services department to produce world-class events at Nathan Benderson Park and provide first-class customer service to event rights holders, volunteers and patrons of the park.
· Manage event booking requests to include events, functions and team training.
· Solicit and secure new events, functions and team trainings to maximize venue bookings throughout the year.
· Serve as an ambassador for the park and customer service representative for all event owners, training teams and space rental clientele.
· Process and organize rental agreements and provide pricing for space rental and services.
· Produce and execute event and team training agreements.
· Develop site plans and work with the facility operations department to insure all event and team training needs are fulfilled.
· Manage event related databases to include volunteers, event holders and vendors.
· Solicit and manage vendors including contracts, determination and collection of fees, assignment and placement.
· Organize and maintain event related supplies and equipment.
· Schedule and manage event on-call personnel and volunteers.
· Assist the facility operations department with maintaining a safe and presentable venue.
· Coordinate and contract with service providers to insure all event needs are fulfilled.
· Plan and execute events of various levels including community events, regional events, national events, international events, conferences and meetings.
Produce post event reports including after-action reports, financial P&L statements, attendance and economic impact reporting.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
Undergraduate degree in sport & event management, recreation and leisure services, venue management, hospitality & tourism or related field.
At least (1) year of experience in event management, facility management or sport tourism.
Knowledge of Rowing a plus.
Must possess a valid Florida Driver’s License.
Excellent customer relations and presentation skills.
Ability to represent the park in a professional manner.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Ability to lift, move, push and pull equipment or boxes in excess of 30lbs.
Should be able to handle outdoor temperatures for a reasonable period of time.
Must be able to move around the park which includes grass, shell, paved areas, steps, sand and floating docks.
Exposure to mosquitoes, flies, bees and other pests, reptiles and insects also common.
Must be available to work evenings and weekends.
Requires a background check upon offer
SANCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.